Membership Application

Per ARTICLE IV of the HRUHCA Bylaws


4.1       Membership:


4.1.1   Qualifications:  Membership in this Association is open to any person, firm, or corporation associated with the construction industry.


4.1.2   Types: Membership in this Association shall be of five general types; a) contractor; b) associate; c) individual; d) municipal; e) honorary.


1)   Contractor:  any person, firm, or corporation who is actively engaged in the construction industry as a contractor or subcontractor.


2)   Associate:  any person, firm, or corporation who is actively engaged in the construction industry, as a supplier of equipment, materials, or services.


3)   Individual:  any firm or person with two (2) or less employees who is either a contractor, subcontractor, or engaged in the construction industry as a supplier of equipment, materials, or services.


4)   Municipal:  any federal, state, or local governmental agency or entity.


5)   Honorary:  may be appointed by the vote of three-fourths of the members present at the first general membership meeting following ten days prior written notification.



Membership Dues FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)


1) Annual member dues are typically billed on November 1st for the coming year.


2) HRUHCA runs on a calendar year (starting in January and ending on December).


3) The association accepts cash, check, and most major credit cards ( VISA, MasterCard, AMEX).


4) The association will work with member firms to take payments on a semi-annual or quarterly basis if cash flow is an issue with a member firm. However, the association prefers that dues are paid at the beginning of the year or just prior to the current year all in one payment.


5) If paying by check please remit your payment to the HRUHCA office at:


3105 Western Branch Blvd., Unit 5C

Chesapeake, VA  23321


6) If renewing your dues for the coming year, please write your invoice number on your check.


7) If you are paying your dues and you are making a $50.00 contribution to the HRUHCA Political Action Committee (HRUHCA PAC) you must write two checks; one to the association for dues and one to the PAC. The Internal Revenue Service views trade associations and political action committees as separate legal entities and does not allow comingling of funds. So make your dues payment to HRUHCA and make your PAC contribution to "HRUHCA PAC".


8) All membership applications will be voted on (once received) at the next regular meeting of the HRUHCA Board of Directors. Applicants must have paid their dues prior to the board meeting in order to be approved and accepted into the association.


9) You will be officially notified via email soon after you have been confirmed as a new member by the HRUHCA Board of Directors.


Membership Dues Structure


Contractor Dues: $1,200.00 per year (or pro-rated equivalent)


Associate Dues: $1,200.00 per year (or pro-rated Equivalent)


Municipal Dues: $250.00 per year (or pro-rated Equivalent)


If you are interested in joining HRUHCA. please click on the "Membership Application and Pro-Ration Schedule" button below. Fill out the application and indicate your form of payment. If you are paying by credit card you can fill our your credit card information on the form. If you do not want to write your credit card information on the application, you can call the HRUHCA office (757-484-7500) and we can take the information over the phone.


You are welcome to either mail your application to the HRUHCA office or you can scan your application, attach it to an email, and send it to HRUHCA Executive Assistant Stephanie Rogers at


Ready to join? Click on the top button labeled "Membership Application",

fill it out, scan it, and attach it to an email to

Executive Assistant Stephanie Rogers at


       Hampton Roads Utility and Heavy Contractors Association     5911 Harbour View Blvd. Suite 220    Suffolk, Virginia 23435

Phone:(757) 484-7500    Fax:(757) 484-6285 

Powered and Designed with Pride by HRUHCA